18 THUMBS UP IN GREATER MORGANTOWN
Greater Morgantown has been recognized by well-known national media outlets for not only its wonderful food and restaurants, but for its charm and diversity. A unique mix of college-town and tourism, Morgantown is among the top-rated U.S. cities to live, work, and play. Take a look at the recognition that Morgantown has gotten over the years.
- Most locals know that Morgantown has great food, but others have started to notice, too! Morgantown was recognized as the “Tastiest Town” by the Charleston Gazette.
- Movoto ranked Morgantown the #1 “Most Exciting Place in West Virginia” for its nightlife, music, and art.
- Morgantown is one of the “Top 100 Best Places to Live” by Livability.
- Morgantown has been recognized as a “Tree City” for multiple years in a row.
- Home to the West Virginia Mountaineers, Morgantown was recognized as one of the “Top 15 College Football Towns in the Country” by Bleacher Report.
- Morgantown is also one of the “Top 10 Best Places to Raise a Family” by Livability.
- Morgantown has been named the most educated city in West Virginia by Insurify.
- Morgantown was named #1 place to live in West Virginia out of The Best Place to Live in Every State by Money magazine.
- Morgantown is one of the “South’s Best Small Towns” by Southern Living.
- WVU Woodburn Hall and other well-known West Virginia landmarks are featured in the video game, Fallout 76, “bringing life to six distinct West Virginia regions” by Bethesda.
- Morgantown is one of the “Best Affordable Places to Live” by Livability.
- Morgantown is the 28th community in the U.S. to earn a “Safe Communities” accreditation.
- WVU College of Law was named second in the nation for community impact.
- Morgantown ranked #5 in the “25 Best Cities to Find a Job” according to Career Builder.
- Morgantown ranked as one of the “Best Small Places for Business and Careers” by Forbes.
- Morgantown ranked #1 as the “Greenest City” in West Virginia by Insurify.
- Morgantown ranked as a “Top 10 Places to Retire Under $100 a Day” by AARP Magazine.
- Morgantown ranked #8 in the “30 Best Small Sports Cities in the Country” by Wallet Hub.